Front Office Assistant
- Rutland, VT
- Rutland Regional Medical Center
- Rutland Heart Center
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Per diem (no committed hours and is not benefit el - Day shift - 8:00am-4:30pm
- 0.0 Hours per two-week pay period
Provides integral first contact for all the clinic customers including patients, referring offices, physicians, and providers. Serves as the initial impression for many customers and is important to the organization’s customer service reputation. Responsible for key components of finical integrity of each patient encounter including registering patients with complete demographic, insurance, and clinical information to assure accurate records and timely billing for services rendered, providing accurate information regarding payments to the patients and collecting co-payments at point of service. Appropriately handles multiple incoming phone calls and face to face conversations from a variety of customers with high levels of integrity, triaging, and trouble shooting. Communicates with patients any pertinent visit information, such as when to arrive and
any preparation for their clinic visits, diagnostic testing, or procedure. Helps clinical staff as needed and performs all the clerical duties necessary for patients to be seen within the clinic timely. Focus will always be on patient needs and efficient use of hospital resources.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 years secretarial experience or medical office training including 1 year patient or customer service experience.
- Experience using a computerized health information system.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated moderate knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Pay range: $15.80 - $23.46